Syncra Construction is a client-focused firm with a strong and knowledgeable Team. Established in 2005, our portfolio exemplifies a unique and diverse selection of high-profile landmark buildings. Clients appreciate that we manage projects with flexibility and a passion for success. We take things personally – it is what makes us different.
We have an immediate opening and are looking for Construction Safety Officers (CSO) to join our Site Team in Vancouver.
Who You Are…
You are an experienced and reliable Construction Safety Officer or Site Safety Attendant with high standards for safety and well-being of all site workers. You are passionate about safe work practices and have an ability to ensure all safety procedures are followed!
As a CSO, you will be
- Supporting the Site Superintendent onsite throughout the construction
- Ensuring site personnel and visitors, and working conditions are safe
- Coaching construction site crew on best safety practices, policies and procedures in place
- Managing Site Safety Board and Site Safety Plans updates, and maintaining Site Safety records
- Updating management on all site safety issues that arise
Your Key Responsibilities will include
• Maintaining and enforcing Site Safety Rules and Practices
• Ensuring strict compliance with WorkSafeBC regulations, company Occupational Health & Safety Program and Safe Work Procedures
• Conducting site specific health and safety orientations for new workers and visitors
• Conducting site inspections and implementing corrective action plans
• Properly reporting all site accidents, incidents and injuries
• Conducting safety meetings and toolbox talks, and reviewing FLHAs
• Administering First Aid as necessary
• Assisting with site safety related carpentry duties (guardrails, handrails, floor openings cover)
Your Experience and Qualifications include
- Valid CSO/NCSO Certification
- Proven construction industry experience of minimum 2 years
- Valid OFA 2 with transportation endorsement OR OFA 3 ticket
- Good knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations, policies, guidelines and standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word) and basic Adobe
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain detailed records
If this sounds like a good match, and you are looking to join a fast-growing company with an experienced Team and great Leadership – let’s connect today!
Your application was submitted successfully.